If you are a business owner based in the UAE, a question that must be lingering in your mind has to be - what are the documents required for VAT Registration? But, fret not because you have come to the right place.
In this blog, we have compiled a list of all the paperwork you need to get ready for your VAT Registration.
Before diving into all the nitty gritty details, let's start with what VAT basically means.
It is an indirect tax that is imposed on goods and services bought and sold in the UAE. Introduced on January 1, 2018, at a standard rate of 5%, VAT is often charged at every stage of the supply chain.
It is mandatory for businesses to register for VAT if their taxable supplies and imports surpass the AED 375,000 threshold. However, it is voluntary for businesses that exceed the threshold of AED 187,500 but is lower than the mandatory threshold.
Now, let’s get on to the real reason why you are here - and that is the list. Make sure that you have a record of all the necessary documents and paperwork to obtain that Tax Registration Number (TRN). If not, well then, start collecting them.
- Copy of Trade License:
- The trade license should be valid and not expired at the time of registration.
- Passport copy of owners/shareholders/managers:
- Valid passport copies of the individuals who own the trade license must be provided.
- Passports should not be expired.
- Emirates ID copy of owners/shareholders/managers:
- Valid Emirates ID copies of the individuals who own the trade license must be submitted.
- Emirates IDs should not be expired.
- Company Contact Details:
- Provide complete contact details, including the P.O. Box, building, and area, to ensure accurate communication.
- Memorandum of Association (MOA):
- This document is not mandatory for sole establishments.
- The MOA outlines the company's legal structure, ownership details, and activities.
- Concerned Person's Contact Details:
- Provide the contact details of the designated person, including their mobile number, designation, and email address.
- Company Bank Details:
- Submit the bank details of the company's official bank account.
- Individual bank accounts will not be accepted.
- Include the account name, account number, IBAN, bank name, and branch name (optional).
- Turnover Declaration for the Last 12 Months:
- Provide a signed and stamped turnover declaration on the company's letterhead.
- The owner of the company should sign and stamp the declaration.
- This document provides information on the company's turnover in the previous 12 months.
- Sample Sales or Purchase Invoices:
- Submit signed and stamped sample invoices, the highest invoices are preferred.
- These invoices serve as examples to demonstrate the company's invoicing practices.
- Customs Letter (if applicable):
- If the business deals with the customs department, attach a customs letter as proof.
VAT Tax Compliance is crucial if you want your business to survive in the tough markets of the UAE. By understanding and fulfilling the VAT registration requirements, businesses can operate legally and avoid penalties.
The documents mentioned above are essential for online VAT registration, and it is important to ensure that they are accurate, up-to-date, and meet the specified criteria.
It is recommended that businesses seek professional advice for the most up-to-date information on VAT registration requirements.
Finanshels has a team of tax experts who are just a booking away and can assist you in filing your taxes easily. But that is not all, we have developed a tool called VAT Registration Tool that is designed to allow you and businesses to register for VAT in just 5 minutes, and that too at an affordable price. All you need to do is login to our VAT Tool and you are all set.